By tying thousands of balloons to his home, 78-year-old Carl sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream
A feisty septuagenarian teams with a fearless wilderness ranger to do battle with a vicious band of beasts and villains in this computer-animated adventure scripted by Pixar veteran Bob Peterson and co-directed by Peterson and Monsters, Inc. director Peter Docter. Carl Fredricksen is a 78-year-old balloon salesman. His entire life, Carl has longed to wander the wilds of South America. Then, one day, the irascible senior citizen shocks his neighbors by tying thousands of balloons to his home and finally taking flight. But Carl isn't alone on his once-in-a-lifetime journey, because stowed away on his front porch is an excitable eight-year-old wilderness explorer named Russell. Later, as the house touches down on the world's second largest continent, Carl and his unlikely traveling companion step outside to discover...Read More
How to create a simple Slider?
We would like to provide a short tutorial to help you to make such a beatiful sliders as we made in our Demo site. If you don't purchased the Smart Slider for Joomla yet, this tutorial will show you how easy to create a charming slider. If you are already a Smart slider user, this article will guide you how to create a similar slider like this.
Setting up the Slider
- Go to your Joomla backend, log in and choose Components/Smart Slider in the top menu.
- Click on the Sliders tab then press the New button.
- Let's start editing the slider properties.
- Choose the name of your Slider and set it published.
- On this demo site we use Simple Horizontal slider type with Elegant theme and Dark blue skin.
- We need 3 slides so set the Add slides to 3.
- Don't forget to hit the Save button.
- Now you are done with the slider. It will be listed in the sliders list.
- Click on the Show slides in the row of your slider. This will take you to your 3 slides. Click on the first slide's title.
Setting up the first Slide
- Choose a title for your Slide and set it published.
- Leave Group to previous on no.
- In the Content template group choose the Link and Background template.
- Below the template fields will show up and you can fill it up. Note: You don't have to fill every field, just fill what you need!
- You can see how your slide going by switch on the Live preview on the bottom right of the page.
- In the Caption group choose the Tag Right Title Right option and there will some new fields to fill.
First slide - Details
First slide - Content editor
First slide - Caption editor
- In slide editor view you can always use the Live Preview feature. It saves a lot of time.
Setting up the second Slide
You are done with your first slide which gave you the experience with the slide editing. The second slide will be easier for you. Now we will use the One column content template instead of the Link and Background template. On this slide we didn't use any captions (No caption option in the list), but if you think you can try out the other captions.
Setting up the Third Slide
Exactly as the first slide just the background image different and the captions text changed.
Publishing the slider on the Frontend
- Go back to the Slider list
- Click on the Create module from this slider.
- This will redirect you a simple module creation page.
- Fill the Details as you usually do with other modules.
- On the right side select the Slider what you would like to show.
- Save it and you are done. Check your beautiful slider on the Frontend.